Natural Killer (NK) cell-based cancer treatment is another form of immunotherapy that utilizes the body's own immune system to target and destroy cancer cells.
NK cells are a type of white blood cell and an essential component of the innate immune system. They are capable of recognizing and attacking infected or abnormal cells, including cancer cells, without the need for prior sensitization.
Before undergoing infusion therapy, it's important to ask your doctor or healthcare provider several questions to ensure that you are well-prepared and that the procedure goes smoothly.
Here are some questions you might consider asking:
- What specific medication or solution will be used in the infusion?
- How long will the infusion session take?
- Are there any special instructions I need to follow before the infusion?
- Should I eat or drink anything before the procedure?
- What are the potential side effects or risks associated with this therapy?
- Could you explain the process of the infusion to me?
- How can I contact medical staff if I have questions or issues during or after the infusion?
- Do I have any known medications or allergies that could affect this procedure?
- Could this therapy interact with any other medications I'm currently taking?
- What symptoms or side effects should I report after the infusion?
- How often will I need to receive this therapy?
- Are there any tests I need to have before or after the infusion?
- What are the expected benefits of this infusion therapy?
- Are there any dietary or activity restrictions I should follow before or after the infusion?
- How will I know if the infusion therapy is working for me?
- Is there any additional information or resources you can provide to help me understand this therapy better?
These questions can help you gain a clearer understanding of the infusion therapy, its purpose, and what to expect.
Leonard, prostate cancer
In December 2022 I had an appointment at Pallas Clinic with oncologist-immunologist Inta Jaunalksne in a very critical condition. The doctor attentively listened, examined me and referred me for further examinations. The diagnosis revealed an advanced stage (I was in a state of shock), but Inta is simply brilliant - professionally, competently, tactfully, and confidently directed us (my wife and me) with faith and hope on the path of treatment. She explained all the treatment options in detail and emphasized the need for a lot of effort and time, urging us to responsibly follow the doctors' recommendations. The amount of professionalism, knowledge, patience, and humanity in this delicate lady is remarkable! You are a Doctor with a capital "D." The treatment continues, and now, you are our Guardian Angel! We approach our appointments with immense faith and hope in you. We thank you! And may you, our Bright Individual, have good health, peace, and human happiness! Your patient, Leonard.